SRN Fall 2016 Doodle NotesNeed a source for reflecting on all the outstanding presenters and issue discussions from SRN 2016 Fall Symposium? Here it is! Dr. Linda Quinn from Ferndale School District in Ferndale, Washington shared her fantastic and intriguing notes on the event. Thank you Dr. Quinn!
SRN Fall 2016 Doodle Notes PDF File
Sunni Brown: Doodlers, unite! Ted Talk video
Dr. Linda Quinn, Superintendent of Ferndale School District
During Dr. Quinn’s tenure, the Ferndale School Board was named Washington State’s School Board of the Year in 2012-2013 and has earned the title Board of Distinction for two subsequent years. In addition, the Board won the statewide Celebrating Diversity Award in 2014.
Dr. Quinn was presented with a Ken Gass Community Building Award in 2014 for outstanding contributions to increasing community caring, empowerment, and connections that improve the lives of children, youth, and families.
Before coming to Ferndale Schools, Dr. Quinn served as
- district administrator and high school principal in Grass Valley, California (2 years)
- English teacher, a middle school principal, a high school principal, and an executive director in the Puyallup School District (30 years)
- Principal in Residence at the U.S. Department of Education in Washington D.C. (1 year)
Dr. Quinn has earned:
- Bachelor’s Degree (summa cum laude): Washington State University
- Master’s Degree in School Administration: Western Washington University
- Doctorate in Leadership for Learning: University of Washington
- Dr. Quinn has been married to Ken Quinn for 40 years and they have two children who both live in Portland, Oregon.