Presentation Slides: Red-eyes, Racquetball, and Life/ Work Balance
Wesley Smith, Ed.D. Executive Director Association of California School Administrators
- Superintendent of Morgan Hill Unified School District, 2009-13
- Adjunct professor for Shasta Community College and National University
- Superintendent, assistant superintendent and principal in Cascade Union Elementary School District
- Teacher of high school English, English language development, Spanish and leadership; football and baseball coach
- Association of California School Administrators local and regional boards; representative to the Equity, Achievement and Diversity for Student Success Committee
- Board member on the State of California Fiscal Crisis & Management Assistance Team (FCMAT)
- Chair of the Legislative Action Committee for the Santa Clara County Superintendents Association
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Southern California
- Masters of Arts from Claremont Graduate School and Bachelor of Arts in English from Brigham Young University
ACSA Region 8 Superintendent of the Year 2013; ACSA Region I Administrator of the Year 2004; Shasta County School Administrators Association Middle School Principal of the Year 2003; Shasta College “Anti- Apathy” Teacher 2002; Sallie Mae First Class Teacher Award 1996
Dr. Wesley Smith is executive director of the Association of California School Administrators, the largest school leadership group in the nation. ACSA is foremost a champion for the state’s more than 6 million students. Having served in a variety of school leadership roles, including elementary and middle grades principal, assistant superintendent and superintendent, Dr. Smith understands the intricacies and influences in public education. He believes in a bold new future for ACSA and ensuring it is the most influential voice in public education for years to come.
Changes in the standards taught and tested in California, a new school funding formula and the redesign of education accountability systems will require ACSA leadership. Dr. Smith is uniquely poised to lead that charge to protect the present and the future of all students.